Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 13th, 2010 15:00

Is this type of report possible? Cluster performance summaries

I'm a demo user considering this product. One of the main abilities I am looking for is reporting on cluster resource utilization. For example, I want to know CPU utilization, ready times, memory utilization, balloon, and swap for a whole cluster over the past week/month/year. Trending forward would be wonderful, as I'd like to know how soon I need to add hosts.. I see similar canned reports for individual hosts, but not for clusters. See my previous similar feedback here: http://supportforums.vizioncore.com/thread.jspa?threadID=26489&tstart=0
I see most reporting questions in this forum answered with suggestion to contact the support team to create a new report. Is that the general consensus, that report-building from within the interface is either crippled or too complex (my experience) for customers to create useful reports? To a degree that is fine, but I want to know that, should I purchase this product, my request is
  1. Possible
  2. Free with a normal support contract
  3. Doable in a timely fashion (days not months)
Thanks.
Jesse

57 Posts

May 17th, 2010 16:00

Jesse,
Wnated to provide some quick feedback to your questions.
1 .Possible – Yes
2. Free with a normal support contract - Report creation (custom reports) outside the canned reports provided is outside the scope of normal support and can be done thru our PSO group which your account manager can facilitate.. Custom reports can get very complex and very time consuming to create (depending on the metrics and how you want them displayed). Therefore, support cannot accomodate such requests as troubleshooting issues is the main role of support and not customizing the solution for each environment it is implemented within.
3. Doable in a timely fashion (days not months). This all would depend on the metrics you want to display and how you want it displayed.
You can download and install the vBundle cartridge which has some additional reports which may be what you are looking for.
vBundle cartridge:
vcommunity.vizioncore.com/.../vfoglight-extensions.aspx
HTH!
-LM
No Events found!