bludden
1 Nickel

Re: Report on Snapshots

Jump to solution

One of our favorite things about Foglight for Virtualization is the ability to report on snapshots. However we would like to be able to add the text description of the snapshot to the report we generate, so for example an user requesting a snapshot can explain what its for, whne it can be safely deleted, etc. and it will show up on the weekly report we get.

I think that the wastefinder(?) has this info but the report does not - is there a way we can get this info added as a selection field for reporting? Or is there somewhere else i need to check?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: Re: Report on Snapshots

Jump to solution

Hi - if you are running version 7.0 it now works OK, I just tested it, it got broken in version 6.5 when we added a 'Show Detail' tick box in the top right hand corner of the console, but this 'show detail' didn't flow through when the snapshots screen was scheduled as report. Let me know if you need any more info - cheers Danny

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Currently we don't show that in the report. I can forward this to product management as a feature request if you'd like.

Thanks,

Kevin Flynn

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi - if you are running version 7.0 it now works OK, I just tested it, it got broken in version 6.5 when we added a 'Show Detail' tick box in the top right hand corner of the console, but this 'show detail' didn't flow through when the snapshots screen was scheduled as report. Let me know if you need any more info - cheers Danny

0 Kudos