Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 27th, 2013 16:00

VM Capacity view

Hi,

In the Explorer version on Storage Explorer the VM capacity view can only be filtered by Capacity Available. This obviously zeroes in on the little VMs as they have the least MB of disk space available, and it completely misses space problems in big VMs!

Is there any way to change what it orders on so it makes more sense?

73 Posts

March 27th, 2013 17:00

Default it sorts on Capacity Available (amount of disk space available).

You can sort on any column (metric) by clicking on the header or click on right side of header and select sort ascending/descending.

What metric would you like to sort on?

/Mattias

73 Posts

Sweet, never had any issues with sorting different views. Now you should be able to focus on the metrics that you are intrested in (i.e. Show me top 10 VMs with highest latency).

/Mattias

No you can't!

Only Average Throughput in VM Performance Top 10 and Capacity Available in VM Capacity Top 10 are clickable - the other columns do not do anything and can't be used to sort.

I am talking about vOps Explorer here - perhaps the functionality is not the same. This is fair enough as it's free except the defaults available are pretty useless to me, and even if it's free if it doesn't show me anything useful it isn't even worth that price :-\

LOL - I reloaded the display and now it works. I'm using Firefox and I did get a plugin warning for this, looks like the little swine tricked me

Sorry about that

Similarly the VM Performance is only ordered by throughput, but very high throughput isn't necessarily a bad thing - especially on SSD! I'm much more interested in latency, and would like to be able to rank VMs suffering from latency issues, as solving that pretty much solves everything else in virtualisation.

73 Posts

Same thing here, you can sort on any metric available in the view by clicking on the header.

/Mattias

No Events found!