Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2011 05:00

vCenter Plug-In update

Is there an update available for the vCenter plug-in, and were can you download it?

27 Posts

June 6th, 2011 08:00

"Is there an update available for the vCenter plug-in, and were can you download it?

"
The currently shipping version is 1.0. We will be releasing v1.0.1 shortly and at that time, you will receive an email with instructions on how to download it.

I hope that helps!

Eric Kuzmack

3 Posts

June 6th, 2011 22:00

"The currently shipping version is 1.0. We will be releasing v1.0.1 shortly and at that time, you will receive an email with instructions on how to download it.

I hope that helps!

Eric Kuzmack"
Hi Eric,
Could I get some kind of estimation on when is the new release. Are we suppose to import and do a reconfigure on the existing appliance? Or can it be just a patch upgrade. Please advice. Also can you please point me to the page where I can download it so that I will be notified when the new release been launched. Thank you in advance.

27 Posts

June 7th, 2011 09:00

"Hi Eric,
Could I get some kind of estimation on when is the new release. Are we suppose to import and do a reconfigure on the existing appliance? Or can it be just a patch upgrade. Please advice. Also can you please point me to the page where I can download it so that I will be notified when the new release been launched. Thank you in advance."
Hi,

We are targeting the end of June (hopefully the 27th) for release. The download page won't exist until the release is ready, but you (or whomever purchased the product) will automatically get an email with the download instructions.

The process to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.0.1 is fairly simple, and from 1.0.1 to future versions will be even easier. There will be documentation provided with the eact steps, but essentially you backup your data from your 1.0 appliance and apply to the 1.0.1 appliance. You don't lose any data. Please make sure you read the instructions because there are a few steps that need to be performed in order.

Upgrades from 1.0.1 to future versions will just have an "update" button that will do the update, reboot the appliance, and you are done.

I hope that helps!

Eric

3 Posts

June 7th, 2011 19:00

"Hi,

We are targeting the end of June (hopefully the 27th) for release. The download page won't exist until the release is ready, but you (or whomever purchased the product) will automatically get an email with the download instructions.

The process to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.0.1 is fairly simple, and from 1.0.1 to future versions will be even easier. There will be documentation provided with the eact steps, but essentially you backup your data from your 1.0 appliance and apply to the 1.0.1 appliance. You don't lose any data. Please make sure you read the instructions because there are a few steps that need to be performed in order.

Upgrades from 1.0.1 to future versions will just have an "update" button that will do the update, reboot the appliance, and you are done.

I hope that helps!

Eric"
Thank you for your valuable input. Appreciate it!

27 Posts

June 21st, 2011 15:00

"Thank you for your valuable input. Appreciate it! "
Hi - I wanted to let you know that we released v1.0.1 a week early. You will be getting an email with instructions on how to download and upgrade.

3 Posts

June 21st, 2011 17:00

Hi All, glad I found this thread, not much support for such a new product yet 
I have installed Version 1.0.0.40 and it was working ok except for Warranty jobs.

A few days ago I received a download link for 1.0.1.72 from DDS_Ecomm_LTG with the subject;
“An important update is available to your recent purchase of the Dell™ Management Plug-In for VMware™ vCenter™”

The update downloads ok, with 1 x file “DELL_MANAGEMENT_CENTER_50HOSTS-1.0.1_72.exe
When attempting to install/unpack, progress bar gets to around 75% and then stops responding/hangs

Attempts to mitigate; (without effect)
• Download from different hosts/connections
• Install/unpack onto different hosts

Looking at the unpacked folder list the following files are listed;
1. Dell_VC_Plugin-1.0.1.72.mf
2. Dell_VC_Plugin-1.0.1.72.ovf
3. Dell_VC_Plugin-1.0.1.72-disk1.vmdk

Has anyone else had the same or similar issue ? It’s kind of a ‘show-stopper’
I contacted the DDS_Ecomm support who offered no help.

Thanks,

1 Message

June 21st, 2011 19:00

"Hi All, glad I found this thread, not much support for such a new product yet 
I have installed Version 1.0.0.40 and it was working ok except for Warranty jobs.

A few days ago I received a download link for 1.0.1.72 from DDS_Ecomm_LTG with the subject;
“An important update is available to your recent purchase of the Dell™ Management Plug-In for VMware™ vCenter™”

The update downloads ok, with 1 x file “DELL_MANAGEMENT_CENTER_50HOSTS-1.0.1_72.exe
When attempting to install/unpack, progress bar gets to around 75% and then stops responding/hangs

Attempts to mitigate; (without effect)
• Download from different hosts/connections
• Install/unpack onto different hosts

Looking at the unpacked folder list the following files are listed;
1. Dell_VC_Plugin-1.0.1.72.mf
2. Dell_VC_Plugin-1.0.1.72.ovf
3. Dell_VC_Plugin-1.0.1.72-disk1.vmdk

Has anyone else had the same or similar issue ? It’s kind of a ‘show-stopper’
I contacted the DDS_Ecomm support who offered no help.

Thanks,
"
Hi All

I am experiencing the exact same thing as this post
Obviosly the self extractor is corrupted.

http://tinypic.com/r/10wjlnm/7

I guess we sit back and wait for Dell to fix it up??

Cheers
Rob

27 Posts

June 22nd, 2011 10:00

"Hi All

Cheers
Rob"
All - I will bring this to engineering today.

thanks for the feedback.

27 Posts

June 22nd, 2011 10:00

"Hi All

Cheers
Rob"
All,

What is the size of the downloaded .EXE file?

if you open the .EXE file with WinZip or similar, are you able to manually extract the license file (not LICENSE.TXT, but the XML file that contains the license)?

If you can, you can download the free trial and then load your 50 host license into it. The trial download isn't corrupted (I downloaded it myself yesturday).

Link to trial: http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&cat=sup&k=R306658

3 Posts

June 22nd, 2011 19:00

I have been unable to open the .EXE with winzip/7zip
the licensed download doesn't include a license file.

Size of downloaded file is 556MB (583,288,856 bytes)

Thanks,

27 Posts

June 23rd, 2011 09:00

"I have been unable to open the .EXE with winzip/7zip
the licensed download doesn't include a license file.

Size of downloaded file is 556MB (583,288,856 bytes)

Thanks,"
All - we have confirmed that there was a corrupted file, which has been fixed. Please re-download and give it another try. Please post something back here to confirm that it did (or didn't) work for you.

thanks!

Eric

3 Posts

June 23rd, 2011 21:00

Thanks Eric. Extraction has completed this time, and 6 files are present.

I will attempt an install later but at least we seem to have a working source now.

Cheers,

7 Posts

June 24th, 2011 11:00

I deployed the updated application today. It is working fine.

27 Posts

June 24th, 2011 12:00

"I deployed the updated application today. It is working fine."
Excellent. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

June 26th, 2011 07:00

i have trouble with the Warrenty Update Job (PlugIn 1.0.1)

The error message: ERROR,"Sun Jun 26 13:42:13 GMT+0200 2011","Warranty failed for all 1 hosts. Reason: An exception occured."

The Inventory Job running Fine and also the Firmware Updates. I have no Proxy. Timezone is set on Berlin (Germany), DNS Settings and Gateway ok.

It´s possible that this is a problem with german dell servers warrenty database?

No Events found!