Highlighted
joe53
5 Osmium

AV Comparatives 2018 Summary and Awards

AV Comparatives is an independent tester of anti-malware products, including most (but not all) of the popular products and suites, both free and paid. They have released their Summary and Awards based on all tests in 2018, and you can read their report here: https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/summary-report-2018/#award-winners Included in the report are comprehensive reviews of all the products tested,which is recommended reading for anyone trying to choose an anti-malware program Notable is that "Product of the Year" based on the highest test scores went to Avast Free AV. Kudos!

Dell Forum Member since 2,000

Use OpenDNS   MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Free

Windows 7/sp1 (64- Bit): Malwarebytes 3.x Premium, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol PLUS, Emsisoft Emergency Kit Free and HitmanPro Free (on-demand scanners), OpenDNS, MVPS Hosts file, SpywareBlaster, Pale Moon web browser, Sandboxie, CCleaner Free.

Windows 10 Pro (64- Bit): Same protection plus Windows Defender AV.

"In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes" - Banksy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dalem29
4 Ruthenium

Re: AV Comparatives 2018 Summary and Awards

I didn't see a screen giving scores on all the programs. It appears my Panda Dome AV is not among the winners. Perhaps it is time to switch to another free AV.
0 Kudos
joe53
5 Osmium

Re: AV Comparatives 2018 Summary and Awards

I would take these results with a grain of salt. Panda Dome free AV has always scored well compared to most popular paid and free AVs. When all the AVs tested protect against 98-100% of threats, I'm not sure that picking the highest scoring product makes for the best choice. I always liked Panda Dome when I was using it, because it was simple and gave me no grief. I only switched back to Windows Defender/MSE because it was simpler. The MS product, like Panda, did not win many awards at AV-C, yet I keep it as my default. (At least until a new product comes along that I want to test.)

Dell Forum Member since 2,000

Use OpenDNS   MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Free

Windows 7/sp1 (64- Bit): Malwarebytes 3.x Premium, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol PLUS, Emsisoft Emergency Kit Free and HitmanPro Free (on-demand scanners), OpenDNS, MVPS Hosts file, SpywareBlaster, Pale Moon web browser, Sandboxie, CCleaner Free.

Windows 10 Pro (64- Bit): Same protection plus Windows Defender AV.

"In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes" - Banksy

0 Kudos