Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

August 22nd, 2009 13:00

AntiVir Updates

It appears that others are experiencing updates problems with AntiVir Free. In my case have not been able to get the update started on the XP machine since midday Thursday, even after waiting as long as 5 minutes for the download to start.  On the Vista computer I was able to update yesterday evening. Something on their forum about a big download coming forth, but no real solution seems to be available at this time.

130 Posts

August 22nd, 2009 16:00

My Antivir usually updates itself, when I looked it up just now it hadn't updated since Thursday. I updated it manually and it worked well.

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

August 22nd, 2009 17:00

I was wondering about the manual updates. The program is set to update automatically once a day, but out of habit I go to the status screen and click on "Start Updates" every day. If I go up top to the updates tab and select manual update, it brings up a box that displays "My Documents" and says "Open" at the top. Toward the bottom of the box the cursor is blinking in "File Name" and in "Files of Type" it has  VDF UPdate File (ivdf_fusebundle_nt_en.zip  I don't have any idea what to do here as the instructions are unclear. I am not sure if the "Start Updates" is considered to be the manual update, or if it is the zip file above.

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

Dale:

To do a manual update of AntiVir:

Start the AntiVir Software and go to the menu Update and select Manual Update.

Select the downloaded IVDF zipfile and click Open.

The message The virus definition file has been successfuly updated. appears.  AntiVir is now up to date.

130 Posts

When I click on the + before 'last update', it shows the last downloaded updates (the last one from 8/21, presumably downloaded today). If I had a problem getting updates for a period of time, I'd probably un-install and re-install.

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

August 22nd, 2009 19:00

I attempted another update just now and it started after about a minute. The file size is around 3000 KB and is downloading very slowly, like 1.4 KB/Sec. I'll baby it along and see what happens. As for the manual update, the zip file was not shown in the file name box, just in the file type. I typed it in and pressed open, and got an error message about the file being corrupted and not available to download. Not sure why it wasn't available to open.

No Events found!