Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

June 23rd, 2010 14:00

Are You a Security Wizard?

This is sort of fun, and only takes a few minutes:

"The security experts at Agnitum have put together a ‘Top 15’ of Internet security questions you should be able to answer correctly if you really want to be safe when you’re online."

http://www.agnitum.com/vote/stquiz/start.php

Correct answers/explanations are here:
http://dl2.agnitum.com/Agnitum_Security_Quiz.pdf

How did you do?

(Thanks to Haroldo for the link)

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

June 23rd, 2010 15:00

25/30 :   a Wizard... but just barely.

I believe I missed two questions... a 2-pointer and a 3-pointer.   I missed a two pointer by playing it "extra safe".   As for the three pointer, either I didn't really know the concept... or perhaps they have a totally different perspective of the matter :emotion-5:.    But I don't want to say anything more here... yet... that might give away answers to people who still want to try it for themselves.

1K Posts

June 23rd, 2010 17:00

One point behind you Joe, 24, just a warlock:emotion-10:. Well I seldom did good in written tests. I would often ask my teachers to ask me in person and to hold a discussion on the theme. I too may have answered a couple of questions on the extra safe side and other that did not know what they expected me to answer.

Congrats to RD a truly white bearded wizard.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

RD,

Fantastic!   Congratulations on a perfect score.   You have indeed learned a great deal from the various forums you visit, and you should be very proud of this accomplishment.   My hat's off to ya :-)

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Many hours, on many forums, I guess I did learn a little something along the way :emotion-4: :emotion-2: .

Cheers, Joe.

20.5K Posts

June 23rd, 2010 18:00

Your final score is 30 out of 30.
You’re truly a Security Wizard!

881 Posts

June 23rd, 2010 20:00

You folks are very good teachers! I am proud of my 20, just give me a little time (a few years) and I'll be answering questions instead of asking so many.

Jeff

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

June 24th, 2010 05:00

jeff,

keep the questions coming.   i'm sure there are other people too embarrassed to ask, who nonetheless learn from your questions... and the replies you're getting from BugBatter, Joe, Red Dawn, Iroc, myself, and others.   Remember, "the shy person doesn't learn".

20.5K Posts

June 24th, 2010 08:00

That's how all of us started.

This forum is really good about helping others who want to learn. Years ago I recall asking questions at one of the other sites and having a moderator simply post a Google search page for me to read. I used to think, "My question wasn't how to use Google for this. Been there done that, and none of those pages pinpoint my problem." The only time we'll do that here is if it is something we don't handle in this community and/or the original poster cannot been specific enough for us to help.

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

June 24th, 2010 17:00

Agree with both ky and Bb.

It's a rare day I don't learn something new in these forums, because someone asked a question. (I'm grateful the DCF search function makes finding all my early questions difficult, heh heh).

Thanks (and congrats!) to all who responded. I fell in the middle of the pack with 25/30, probably for the same reasons and the same questions as ky.

508 Posts

June 26th, 2010 01:00

30/30

To bad the test wasnt longer.

No Events found!