Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 4th, 2011 17:00

Cannot download any exe files like skype, google chrome etc

My laptop was infected with win 7 internet security 2012, somehow i managed to remove it but now i am not able to download any of exe files,,skype, messenger , google chrome etc, can anyone help me to solve this issue,,it would be very greatful ,,thanks

1.1K Posts

July 6th, 2011 01:00

Hi khushi25

I'm kevinf80 and I will be helping with any issues you may have. Please be aware that some of the logs I may ask for can be very complex and can take a long time to decipher. I am a volunteer here with a job and family so I ask that you be patient when waiting for replies.
Please DO NOT run any scans/tools/fixes on your own as this will conflict with the tools we are going to use.
Please Print or Save to Notepad all instructions and please follow them carefully and if there's something you don't understand or that will not work please let me know and we will go through it together.
Malware is often buggy and can be very unstable, with that in mind it is advisable to backup any important data before we begin.
If you do not reply within 72 hours the thread will be closed, if you need more time let me know. Likewise if I do not respond within 48 hours feel free to PM me.

* If you are using any cracked software, please remove it. In addition to being illegal, when you install cracked software, you are running executable files from dubious, unknown sources. You are giving these sources access to information on your hard disk, and potential control over operation of your computer. Definition of cracked software HERE

** If you are using any P2P (file sharing) programs, please remove them before we clean your computer. The nature of such software and the high incidence of malware in files downloaded with them is counter productive to restoring your PC to a healthy state. That includes BitTorrent and similar programs. There is a partial list HERE

Please proceed as follows :-

Step 1

• Please download exeHelper to your desktop.
  • Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix. Vista or Windows 7 users right click and select "Run as Administrator"
  • A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
  • Post the contents of exehelperlog.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com, and should open at the end of the scan)

Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

Step 2

We need to see some additional information about what is happening in your machine. 
Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links.  Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool.   
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs         1. DDS.txt
             2. Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
  • The instructions here ask you to attach the Attach.txt.user posted image

• Instead of attaching, please copy/past both logs into your next reply.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

Please note:  You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.
After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection.
Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. 
Information on A/V control HERE

Kevin

1.1K Posts

July 27th, 2011 10:00

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

No Events found!