Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2010 13:00

Canot access Internet-Numerous Trojan horses in previous week

Earlier throughout the week had McAfee alert me to nine Trojan horse viruses intercepted and removed.  Today I cannot access the Internet unless in safe mode initiated by Dell representative.  Hardware test done by Dell rep was OK.  Full scan done by McAfee, malicious software removal by Microsoft including full scan and windows defender by Microsoft all show no virus.  Can't afford the $249 charge for Dell to work on issue.  Any suggestions??  Thank you. 

1.5K Posts

June 28th, 2010 14:00

Hi darlene,

Sorry for the delay in getting to you, its kind of manic around here at the moment.

Welcome to Dell Community Malware Removal Forums,

I'm K27 and i will be reviewing your log for you.

Please DO NOT run any scans/tools/fixes on your own as this will conflict with the tools we are going to use.

Please Print or Save to Notepad all instructions and please follow them carefully and if there's something you don't understand or that will not work please let me know and we will go through it together.

Please DO NOT use this system for anything apart from visiting this forum and other sites I direct you too, as this will only make the cleanup process all the more diffecult.

The most important thing of you I will ask is that you let me know if you are not going to able to replying with in three (3) days. The reason I ask this, is that the spare time us volunteers give up is in short supply and could be used to help others or to do real life things. Failure to reply within three(3) days will result in this thread being closed and I will stop checking it for replies. If you are going to be unable to reply, that's fine, but please let me know.

Before we can start please read THIS thread and post a HiJackThis log back to me in this topic (please do not start a new topic).

One you have posted the HJT log, we can continue.

Thanks,
K27.

1.5K Posts

July 2nd, 2010 07:00

This topic is Inactive.....

The fixes in this topic were written specifically for this user, following them may cause harm to your machine and render it a brick (useless)

If you are the original poster and would like further assistance please post a fresh HJT log and details of the problems you are having.

All other user's, please read THIS page and then please start a New Topic at the top of the Malware Removal Forum by clicking the DCFnewpost.png button.

Regards
K27

No Events found!