Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

June 5th, 2011 17:00

ClearCloud DNS to pull the plug... GET OUT!!!

Re: ClearCloud DNS

Effective September 1, 2011, GFI's ClearCloud DNS service will be discontinued and no longer available for consumer use... 
you will need to reconfigure your network connection [removing ClearCloud].  If this is not done prior to September 1, 2011, your Internet connectivity will be interrupted.

http://forums.clearclouddns.com/messageview.aspx?catid=274&threadid=7955

2.7K Posts

June 6th, 2011 17:00

I use Open DNS. Can I continue using this? From the article it seems like Open DNS is different from Clear Cloud DNS.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

June 7th, 2011 05:00

Absolutely!

ClearCloud DNS has nothing to do with OpenDNS --- they are two separate/distinct DNS providers   (just like MSE and avast are two separate/distinct antivirus programs).

OpenDNS has been around much longer... and by most reports, was significantly FASTER than ClearCloud... and has a great track record in reliability.   I have used it for years, and am happy with the service it provides.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

June 7th, 2011 15:00

Annie,

It's always a pleasure to help out you and the many others here.

2.7K Posts

June 7th, 2011 15:00

ky331. Good to know that it is till Ok to use OpenDNS. I started using this last year when someone in the forum wrote about it.  Thanks for all your contributions on this forum.  You always provide the best information.  Annie

No Events found!