Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 11th, 2012 00:00

Does anybody know about "Anvi Smart Defender"?

Recently the virus called “Trojan-PSW.Win32.WOW.aci” has Stolen my game number. I almost got crazy! :emotion-9: How come? My friend introduced me the new anti-virus software “Anvi Smart Defender”. I’ve no idea about it. How’s that software? Somebody has tried it? I’m asking for help.:emotion-9:

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

January 11th, 2012 05:00

I know nothing about it, other than what's asserted on the company's page:   http://www.anvisoft.com/product/smartdefender.html

Based on that, I have 3 concerns:

1)   The product is only in a BETA release.   That means it's still in the "testing" phase, and as such, anyone who uses it is a "guinea pig"... they're hoping "knowledgable" users, who encounter problems, will contact them with details, so they can fix things when it comes time for the "official" release.

2)  It includes other system repair operations:  "You only need to click "Care Now", it will scan and repair system problems automatically to improve your PC performance:  System Optimize, Registry Fix, Privacy Cleaner, Memory Sweep, and Disk Defragment."   I would be very leery about these, particularly anything that attempts to "fix" the registry.

3)   Finally, the statement "Compatible with all Antivirus Products :  It works well with leading antivirus products. And Anvi Smart Defender is the best choice of assistant with your security suite" says to me that it's intended to supplement (rather than to replace) another antivirus program/suite.

20.5K Posts

January 11th, 2012 16:00

Apparently, it's new. There is a two-page discussion HERE.

[Opinion] After looking at a few of the malware questions on their forum, I saw no resolutions in the threads that I reviewed.. The only suggested tool was their ASD product. :emotion-3:  My question: How can you fix anything by throwing a tool at it without first making a careful diagnosis based on seeing what is running on a system?

3 Posts

January 11th, 2012 19:00

thanks for your answer. it's helpful.

3 Posts

January 11th, 2012 19:00

thanks for ur answer.  i've seen your link, and found a lot of discussions about ASD. your question reminded me. it's beta version. maybe i'll try another diagnosed software.

No Events found!