Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

August 5th, 2018 13:00

MB3

I finally installed this on my older computer prior to installing it on my primary with Windows 7 and the 'Lifetime License'

I installed on top of version. 2.xxx and at first it seemed to have trouble finding updates. I un-installed the whole program and tried it again. It gifted me with 14 days of real time protection. Since then it seems to update and scan OK. However, it appears that it has slowed down my already slow system. MSN.Com, my connection to the Net, takes a long time to come up sometimes on IE9 because I am on DSL.  I don't have the same problem on Firefox, so it might be caused by the ancient browser on that computer (Vista on IE9). I have never fully installed Firefox because I don't care of its Favorites feature. I was wondering if the temporary real time protection might be putting up some roadblocks.

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

August 8th, 2018 00:00

I've been using MB3 with real time protection for a year now on my XP, Win7 and Win10 systems, with no noticeable slowdowns at the time of installation.

When I now check my XP system, I find my IE 8 browser virtually unusable, and Firefox giving warnings about lack of support. Howerever when I use Palemoon browser to check my internet connection speed at speedtest.net, XP is as fast as Win7 and Win10.

Bottom line: MB3 did not slow any of my systems. (Of course my XP is slower than later systems to begin with).

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

August 11th, 2018 14:00

Duplicate deleted.

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

August 11th, 2018 14:00

Thanks for you reply Joe..I reinstalled the older version and it seems to have solved the slowdown problem. Think I will keep the older version on the primary computer also.

No Events found!