Virus & Spyware

Last reply by 11-22-2014 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
4 Beryllium

MBAM Forum Asking to Reset Password Due to Hacking

MBAM is sendind e-mail to its members asking to login by accesing "Forgot Your Password" first to reset or change password.

A vulnerability in its Forum software allowed a hacker to access the server hosting.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/161236-malwarebytesorg-comprimised/?p=910678

MBAM have no evidence that any personal data was stolen from its members, but as a precautionary messure they are asking to reset the passwords.

Hernan.

Dim9200/XPS 410.C2D 2.40GHz.2GB RAM.XP Pro_86 SPk3. IE8 & FF38

Avast!Free 2015. CIS 5.12(FW/D+). MBAM Premium. MCShield. WinPatrol +. WOT. OpenDNS. SAS(o/d)

"We are all ignorant, but we don't all ignore the same things..." Albert Einstein

"When you've excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth..." Sherlock Holmes.

Replies (4)
6 Gallium

MBAM didn't email me about this, although others are reporting this also. And I can't access their forum - getting a "service unavailable- try again later".

The link you posted gives the same message. I can access MBAM's website. Just not the forum.  Maybe MBAM is in more trouble than they say.

Dell Forum Member since 2,000

Use OpenDNS   MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Free

Windows 10 Pro (64- Bit): Malwarebytes 4.x Premium, Windows Defender AV, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol PLUS, Emsisoft Emergency Kit Free and HitmanPro Free (on-demand scanners), OpenDNS, MVPS Hosts file, SpywareBlaster, Pale Moon web browser, Sandboxie, CCleaner Free.

"In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes" - Banksy

4 Beryllium

Hi Joe.

I got the e-mail this evening.

It took 3 tries to login to MBAM forum and then 2 more to change my password. I think the servers must be overloaded with everybody doing the change.

Hernan.

Dim9200/XPS 410.C2D 2.40GHz.2GB RAM.XP Pro_86 SPk3. IE8 & FF38

Avast!Free 2015. CIS 5.12(FW/D+). MBAM Premium. MCShield. WinPatrol +. WOT. OpenDNS. SAS(o/d)

"We are all ignorant, but we don't all ignore the same things..." Albert Einstein

"When you've excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth..." Sherlock Holmes.

6 Gallium

You are probably right, Hernan.

After an hour or two and several tries, the forum is now accessible, and I was able to change my password.

Dell Forum Member since 2,000

Use OpenDNS   MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Free

Windows 10 Pro (64- Bit): Malwarebytes 4.x Premium, Windows Defender AV, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol PLUS, Emsisoft Emergency Kit Free and HitmanPro Free (on-demand scanners), OpenDNS, MVPS Hosts file, SpywareBlaster, Pale Moon web browser, Sandboxie, CCleaner Free.

"In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes" - Banksy

7 Gold

1) I received the e-mail as well.

2) It seems I needed to update my bookmarks, which were pointing to specific sub-forums.   Upon doing so, I was able to access their forum.

3) FWIW, it shows me as still logged-in... it did not force me to change my PW (yet?).

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Panda DOME 20, MBAM4 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, Microsoft EDGE, Firefox, Pale Moon, uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions