Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2014 05:00

MBAM Forum Asking to Reset Password Due to Hacking

MBAM is sendind e-mail to its members asking to login by accesing "Forgot Your Password" first to reset or change password.

A vulnerability in its Forum software allowed a hacker to access the server hosting.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/161236-malwarebytesorg-comprimised/?p=910678

MBAM have no evidence that any personal data was stolen from its members, but as a precautionary messure they are asking to reset the passwords.

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

November 21st, 2014 18:00

MBAM didn't email me about this, although others are reporting this also. And I can't access their forum - getting a "service unavailable- try again later".

The link you posted gives the same message. I can access MBAM's website. Just not the forum.  Maybe MBAM is in more trouble than they say.

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

You are probably right, Hernan.

After an hour or two and several tries, the forum is now accessible, and I was able to change my password.

1K Posts

Hi Joe.

I got the e-mail this evening.

It took 3 tries to login to MBAM forum and then 2 more to change my password. I think the servers must be overloaded with everybody doing the change.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

November 22nd, 2014 03:00

1) I received the e-mail as well.

2) It seems I needed to update my bookmarks, which were pointing to specific sub-forums.   Upon doing so, I was able to access their forum.

3) FWIW, it shows me as still logged-in... it did not force me to change my PW (yet?).

No Events found!