7 Plutonium

MS at it again..

MS offered KB2952664 - Compatibility update for upgrading Windows 7 - today. 

These diagnostics help determine whether compatibility issues may be encountered when the latest Windows operating system is installed.

I thought MS was going to stop forcing Win 10 on users. Guess they won't give up so easily. 

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
4 Replies
joe53
5 Osmium

RE: MS at it again..

Detested 'Get Windows 10' snooping patch KB 2952664 reappears
By Woody Leonhard
InfoWorld | Oct 5, 2016

"Perhaps the world has gone truly mad. Or maybe Microsoft's trying to pull the wool over our eyes prior to its major shift in patching strategy -- the patchocalypse -- widely anticipated this month. It's even possible Microsoft wants to bring back the "Get Windows 10" campaign, to drive Windows' reputation even deeper into the dirt.

For whatever reason, our old nemesis KB 2952664 reappeared suddenly yesterday afternoon, and Windows users are livid. And scared."

Full article:
www.infoworld.com/.../detested-get-windows-10-snooping-patch-kb-2952664-reappears.html

Dell Forum Member since 2,000

Use OpenDNS   MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Free

Windows 7/sp1 (64- Bit): Malwarebytes 3.x Premium, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol PLUS, Emsisoft Emergency Kit Free and HitmanPro Free (on-demand scanners), OpenDNS, MVPS Hosts file, SpywareBlaster, Pale Moon web browser, Sandboxie, CCleaner Free.

Windows 10 Pro (64- Bit): Same protection plus Windows Defender AV.

"In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes" - Banksy

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

At least I'm not the only one that's "livid", though I'd probably use a word the forum's censor software wouldn't like...

It's time somebody puts a stop to this nonsense from MS once and forever. 

my 2-cents...

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
ky331
6 Indium

At least it was "merely" an optional update...

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), avast! v17 Free, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, IE11 & Firefox (both using WOT [IE set to WARN, FF set to BLOCK]), uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

At least it was "merely" an optional update...

That's no excuse.

Probably majority of users have updates installed automatically, and even those who do it manually probably never look to see what the updates are going to do. 

After all, the updates are coming from MacroStupid so they must be safe and desirable... NOT!

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos