Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

July 13th, 2021 08:00

MalwareBytes Subscription Changes

Greetings fellow users. Don't sign in very often, but the old man is still kickin' after having survived Covid...and both my computers still fire up, so all is well with the world.

I have some Yahoo accounts that I use on occasion, and about two months ago I got the following from the MB team on May 14, but didn't access that account until this morning.

Hello Customer,

Your premium subscription to Malwarebytes will be downgraded to free. 

Immediately renew your subscription to restore real-time protection against ransomware and other threats.

If you would like to renew your subscription or you have any query regarding this alert, simply reach out to our team at Toll-Free Number +l-888-3l6-O4O8

Sincerely,

Malwarebytes Team

Now I have, or thought I had,  the Lifetime Premium subscription. It shows as such on the MB Dashboard. So it looks like I have gone two months without real time protection. I was just wondering if anyone else has received this notification and how much they want to renew. I am still using the old version 2.2.1.1043 on old computers

I will call them soon and work something out, since even this older version seems to get the job done. As always, hope everyone is doing well and thanks for any advice

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

July 13th, 2021 09:00

I have... the Lifetime Premium subscription. It shows as such on the MB Dashboard. 

Dale, 

The same thing here... I have a lifetime license, but I've gotten at least 2 e-mails saying it's going to be downgraded to the free version.   While I have not confirmed my suspicion, I believe this is a scam, trying to trick me into revealing information and/or paying someone for services I already have.   So I have just ignored those e-mails.

I would suggest you do the same.   However, if you wish to proceed and investigate further, I would strongly advocate you do so through the MBAM forum Malwarebytes for Windows Support Forum - Malwarebytes Forums ; do NOT click on any links, nor phone any numbers cited in the e-mail, as you may be scammed by doing so.

Sorry to hear you had COVID... hoping you've had a full recovery.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

July 13th, 2021 12:00

In fact, looking at the phone# you included in your post, it has LETTER "O" rather than number zer0, as well as lower-case letter "L" rather than the number 1.   It's got to be a phishing scam.

No Events found!