Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2009 12:00

McAfee problem with mini 9

I just purchased an Inspiron mini 9 and added the 15 month McAfee subscription, but can't run the updates.  I have never been able to register the product because the registration wizard won't pop up.  I tried the suggested work around (deleting the set up folder and rebooting) and I tried the McAfee instructions but the product will not update.  I don't have a proxy server, so that's not my problem either.  When I right click on the McAfee icon and select verify subscription, it verifies my subscription.  Any suggestions?

301 Posts

March 23rd, 2009 14:00

Hi aardvarkfeathers,

You may want to visit the McAfee website and contact their support.  It seems like you have already put in a lot of work to get the program to do a simple tasks.  Here is a link to the support page.  Hopefully, they can help you out.

March 23rd, 2009 20:00

Thanks Beversoll.  I had tried the support page earlier, but without a password and account I couldn't proceed.  This time I went directly to the live chat and a pleasant customer service representative solved my problem in about 10 minutes total.  I'm registered now, and updating correctly. Thanks for your response and for putting me back on the McAfee track.

301 Posts

March 23rd, 2009 20:00

No problem.  Glad you got it worked out!

No Events found!