Highlighted
RoHe
Diamond

Microsoft is forcing Windows 7 and 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10

The ultimate malware!

Microsoft has admitted that it is blocking Windows 7 and 8 updates on Intel’s seventh generation Core i3, i5, Qualcomm’s 8996 and other processors to ‘force’ users upgrade to Windows 10, a media report said....Intel Skylake processors will also not be supported on Windows 7 and 8 from July. Therefore, its users will have to upgrade to keep the updates coming.

Read more here

This is absurd! 

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ky331
Diamond

RE: Microsoft is forcing Windows 7 and 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10

Ron,

In their defense, this policy was announced OVER A YEAR AGO, so that anyone purchasing a system in the interim should have been aware of what would be happening:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19668740

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), avast! v17 Free, MBAM Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, IE11 & Firefox (both using WOT [IE set to WARN, FF set to BLOCK]), uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent, Secunia PSI.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

0 Kudos
dalem29
Platinum

RE: Microsoft is forcing Windows 7 and 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10

I doubt that they pulling this foolishness on their corporate customers...just us home user little guys.

0 Kudos