Bugbatter
6 Gallium

RE: Nag, nag, nag...

Ron, I posted some important information about this, but Dell has blocked my posts for some reason. PM me at SpywareHammer if my post regarding the Never10 utility from Steve Gibson doesn't show up in this forum.

Windows Insider MVP 2016 -

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2006-2016

Social Media and Community Professional

0 Kudos
RoHe
6 Indium

Thanks. I found the app at his site (grc.com) and ran it on my Win 7 PC.

Time will tell if that stops MStupid from trying to make me upgrade to Win 10...

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
Bugbatter
6 Gallium

You're quite welcome, Ron. I've upgraded all my computers except my tablet. I used GWX CP on that. It was getting the icon, but it has not been tested for compatibility, and I don't want to be the one to do the testing.

Let us know how Never10 works out for you.

Windows Insider MVP 2016 -

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2006-2016

Social Media and Community Professional

0 Kudos
ky331
5 Iridium

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3048836/windows/never10-is-a-free-app-for-when-you-absolutely-positiv...

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), avast! v17 Free, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, IE11 & Firefox (both using WOT [IE set to WARN, FF set to BLOCK]), uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

0 Kudos