Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2017 08:00

Scam calls

I don't have a lot of faith that this will change much, but, well - posting anyway.

I would love to know what is going on with the issue of customer information apparently being stolen from their support centers - it has gotten to the point now where multiple times a month (and basically everytime I put in a repair claim) at work, like clockwork I get multiple calls from people claiming to be with Dell (and spoofing Dell phone # on caller ID), and either saying there's a problem with the repair or that one of the laptops I support is "sending malicious files" or other somesuch garbage and they need to remote in.

These scammers always have my real name, as well as accurate up-to-date dispatch numbers & service tags for my organization, so again, there is obviously some constant information theft going on here - what is Dell doing about this at this point? It's pretty clear that security has been breached in a big way, either from outside or disgruntled employees.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 17th, 2017 11:00

Thank you for your message.

We have been receiving complaints about our customer receiving scam technical support phone calls from people purporting to be Dell. Our customer privacy is of utmost importance for us and we have an internal team investigating on this.

Protection of your data is a top priority for Dell. Unfortunately, technology phone scams have become prevalent across our industry. We’d love for you to take a moment to help us stop cybercriminals by reporting details about your interaction. Please complete this form http://dell.to/2fjLykL  this will allow us to investigate further

Please refer to the link below for more details on the same: http://dell.to/2zMEhVP

November 17th, 2017 12:00

Thank you for the link, I will use it when appropriate - the larger problem though is that the scammers, by all appearances, have a list of every service tag I support. It's not just one single incident or laptop.

Also, I would comment on some other calls I got yesterday - given the prevalence of these scams at the moment, having one of your reps call me out of the blue (when every other communication has been online) saying they're from "Dell Repair Center" with an unspecified problem with my dispatch, and having what appears to be a random VoIP number in Houston show up on the caller ID...is not a good way to engender trust.

No Events found!