• 

15.2K Posts

January 25th, 2018 07:00

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

January 25th, 2018 10:00

Dale,

Version [8 &] 9 of CryptoPrevent claim to offer more features (better protection???)

Be advised that these newer versions add/run 3 SERVICES (Monitor Service, e-mail Service, Folder-Watch Service) that were not present in v7.x.    If you don't mind having these extra services run... allegedly for better protection... [e.g., if you have fast processors and lots of available RAM] you can upgrade.   I've done so on SOME of my systems.   But I'm still using 7.x on other systems, where I'd prefer not run any extra services.  

So that's the story... basically, it's a "user's choice" how to proceed here.

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

January 25th, 2018 10:00

I see this is somehow about Crypto Prevent. I currently have version 7 set to default. It is offering version 9. Should I just go ahead and let it update?

20.5K Posts

January 25th, 2018 12:00

I'm lost. :Indifferent:

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 26th, 2018 12:00

@ky331 wrote:

https://www.fooli**bleep**.com/cryptoprevent-malware-prevention/#gsc.tab=0

The link probably got posted correctly for Dell-Robert because he's a Moderator, and you're not, but this needs to get fixed.

(And if you had titled this thread "TEST post  - please RESPOND", everyone would have totally ignored you. :Stickouttongue:  )

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

January 26th, 2018 20:00

Fooli

**bleep**

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

January 27th, 2018 04:00

Joe,

I've toyed with the idea of using HTML to embed an unprintable character, so as to separate the letters in the eyes of the censor... but since this is a link, it needs to be properly functional as well as correct in appearance.

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

January 27th, 2018 14:00

I suspected you knew that little html trick to bypass a **bleep** filter. It used to work in the first Lithium DCF, but no longer seems to.

On another note, I can log in and post a reply, but I cannot start a new discussion in V&S. It seems to post, but it actually does not. Tried with Pale Moon, IE 11 and FF.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

January 27th, 2018 14:00

I have at least 3 posts "disappear"... "pending moderation"... and have yet to see ANY of them return :-(    I think it may have something to do with editing a post too often and/or too quickly.

I discovered today that my "vaporized" posts are indeed stored somewhere... there's an area for "pending moderation", and a separate area for "rejected"... and all my missing posts were in the "rejected" arena.   I only wish I could find it again, so that I could get the location link to Robert...

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

January 27th, 2018 15:00

Thanks- I did try to make a minor edit just after posting the first time. I tried to respond to this thread just now, but it wouldn't take. If this version posts, I believe it was because my failed attemps all contained a link to the Malwarebytes forum, where a minor disaster is unfolding. This post has no such link.

Here is what I wanted to post (and sorry for going off topic) - feel free to re-post the info in a new thread:

From Rubber Ducky at Malwarebytes, in News thread titled "important-web-blocking-ram-usage":

"Earlier this morning, we published a protection update that caused connection issues for many of our customers. As a side effect of the web protection blocks, the product also spiked memory usage and possibly caused a crash. We have triaged this issue and pushed a protection update that resolves it.

If the update does not resolve the issue automatically for you, please shut down web protection, check for protection updates, and restart your computer.

The root cause of the issue was a malformed protection update that the client couldn't process correctly. We have pushed upwards of 20,000 of these protection updates routinely. We test every single one before it goes out. We pride ourselves on the safety and accuracy of our detection engines. To say I am heartbroken is an understatement.  "

Apparantly this affects both MBAM and MB3, but not everyone. I have MB3 running in realtime on Win XP, Win 10,  Win 7 Pro, and  Win 7 Home systems. Only the last system was affected, slowing the PC and browsers to a standstill. The problem disappeared when I quit MB3. The thread linked to above is only 2 hours old, but already is huge. The issue does not seem resolved, so I'm keeping MB3 off for now.

No Events found!