Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2012 17:00

TNS on behalf of Dell Inc.

Hello!Just got this from you guys but i never ordered anything yet..Could that be an error?I don't see any transaction on my credit card either.Any ideas where that might come from?Thanks a lot in advance!!

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase with Dell on 06/07/2012. Dell is committed to delivering the best Customer Experience to its customers. Valuable feedback regarding your Dell purchase experience will help us improve our internal processes and provide better service to you.

To complete the survey, please click on the web address below by 29/07/2012. If that does not work, copy and paste the entire web address into the address field of your browser.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

If you have not made an order/purchase as indicated on 6/7, it would appear this is a scam / phishing-attempt to get information from you.

I will try to call this thread to the attention of  a Dell liaison (Dell-Robert P) who will be able to investigate the matter for you.

10 Posts

Thank you very much for taking the time and action to help me =)

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

Until you hear from him, do NOT give any information to the survey... don't even try to connect to the link you were given.   Do not post any private information in these public forums.   When Robert gets in touch here, he may have you contact him privately.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

July 19th, 2012 18:00

BB,

did you actually place an order as indicated?

20.5K Posts

July 19th, 2012 18:00

I received one of these yesterday with the same wording and more.  Mine appears to be legit with a case # and ST #..

20.5K Posts

July 19th, 2012 19:00

did you actually place an order as indicated?
Yes, I had a malfunctioning part replaced about a week ago.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

July 21st, 2012 17:00

poelabwa

Unfortunately, since it's now late Friday Saturday, I would not expect a reply here from Robert-P until Monday.   Please be patient.   Your situation --- NOT having placed an order --- is clearly different from Bugbatter's, who DID have a recent order.

10 Posts

July 21st, 2012 17:00

Yes that is what i find suspicious about that message,there is no number or anything.I don't have any order on my account as well..

10 Posts

July 21st, 2012 21:00

Yes it does... And it does take me to a survey(i tried it on a public computer that block access to suspicious sites).Maybe their servers had a problem and i am not alone in this situation =/

20.5K Posts

July 21st, 2012 21:00

poelabwa,

I'm curious. Did the link you were asked to click on include this: http://rap2.tns-online.com/  with letters and numbers at the end of it?

20.5K Posts

July 22nd, 2012 06:00

That is the link that I was given, so yours may be legitimate as well. However, you should still wait for Robert to check this out because your message did not include order # info.  I have not replied yet - even though I received a reminder to do so.

In addition, after my order, I received a follow-up phone call to see if I my issue had been resolved.

10 Posts

July 22nd, 2012 07:00

When did you get your first survey e-mail?After how much time the reminder came?I did get any reminder so far so that could point at an error.Having no numer make it suspicious as well =/Thanks!

3.7K Posts

There is a lot of spam going around, I get a lot asking me to log into my bank and other banks. I just don't bother with them, and delete them.

10 Posts

Yes i usually do that too,it just happen to come at the same time that i've lost some importants papers in the moving process so that caught my attention more than usual lol.What is weird though is that i've got it on July 19th too.No reminder though.

20.5K Posts

My first message was received on July 18-19 (depending on time zones). The reminder was yesterday.

No Events found!