Highlighted
joe53
5 Osmium

Test post only

Do not reply.

This is only a test.

Dell Forum Member since 2,000

Use OpenDNS   MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Free

Windows 7/sp1 (64- Bit): Malwarebytes 3.x Premium, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol PLUS, Emsisoft Emergency Kit Free and HitmanPro Free (on-demand scanners), OpenDNS, MVPS Hosts file, SpywareBlaster, Pale Moon web browser, Sandboxie, CCleaner Free.

Windows 10 Pro (64- Bit): Same protection plus Windows Defender AV.

"In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes" - Banksy

0 Kudos
7 Replies
joe53
5 Osmium

Re: Test post only

This is copy/pasted from Notepad in IE11/Win7 Home Premium/SP1.

It is formatted in 2 Paragraphs.

Windows 7/sp1 (64- Bit): Malwarebytes 3.x Premium, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol PLUS, Emsisoft Emergency Kit Free and HitmanPro Free (on-demand scanners), OpenDNS, MVPS Hosts file, SpywareBlaster, Pale Moon web browser, Sandboxie, CCleaner Free.

0 Kudos
joe53
5 Osmium

This is more text composed and formatted in paragraphs in Notepad (Word wrap on)
on Win 7 Home Premium/SP1, and copy/pasted using IE11.

Time is money. Time flies. Make time. Time out. Out of time. Time and time again.
Time heals all wounds. Time wounds all heels. Time to go. Time after Time.
Times Square Gardens. NY Times.

0 Kudos
joe53
5 Osmium

Test of copy/paste from Notepad in Win 7 Pro/SP1 x64, using IE11.

This is in bold type.

This is in italic.

This is underlined.

0 Kudos
joe53
5 Osmium

Conclusions:

Based on these limited tests, IE11 for my Win 7 systems (both Pro and Home) is currently operating well to post here. Rich format, paragraph parsing and the edit function all work.

That said, my experience (and others here) with IE11 in this forum has not been good in the past.

My impression is that MS is about to deprecate IE11.

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

That's not a fair test. You shouldn't have to cut/paste from Notepad into a post when using IE11 to make it format correctly. I'm typing this directly into the Post box using IE11 on Win 7Pro, 32-bit PC. I'm going to hit Enter twice at end of this sentence to start a new paragraph and it will appear that I started a new paragraph on screen, but not when I post it. The big brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
joe53
5 Osmium

It was a fair test Ron, as I specified the paramaters. But I agree it was not a full test.

I have been copy/pasting from notepad in IE11 for years on all my Win 7 and 10 systems for years without problems. In this latest DCF iteration, sometimes it formats properly, sometimes it does not.Sometimes it offers Rich text, sometimes not.

I don't know whether it is Dell, the current forum provider, or IE to blame. But clearly the combination of all 3 fails to deliver on many occasions. The only easy solution is to dump IE.

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

Or just learn to type in the HTML codes for formatting posts.

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos