Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 9th, 2014 19:00

Uninstalling KB2982791

Hello

Back on Aug.13, I installed the above mentioned update and my computer has been working fine. I have been following the thread started by ky331 in which there was a lot of discussion as to how to handle this "bad update" and the installation of KB2993651. I waited until today, (Microsoft Tuesday), before I did anything with these two updates, thinking that maybe there would be additional information in regards to this matter. Not seeing anything on this Forum, this is what I have done:

I made a System Restore point, went into Installed Updates and uninstalled KB2982791, it required me to reboot my computer, which I did. Every thing appears to be working fine.

My question is this. When I go into view update history, KB2982791 is still listed as being installed successfully but in the installed updates tab, KB2982791 is no longer listed. Is this the way it is suppose to look? I have not installed KB2993651 as of yet.

LKW198 

48 Posts

ky331

Since I have never uninstalled an update, and seeing what I was seeing, I wanted to make sure every thing was O.K. before I installed KB2993651.

Thank you for your quick response

LKW198

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

The update history is simply a chronology of what you did over time.  So yes, it would reflect the fact that you successfully installed the update at some point.

In contrast, the installed updates shows the current status of your system.   Which, given that you uninstalled the update, explains why it doesn't show up there now.

48 Posts

ky331

Since I have never uninstalled an update, and seeing what I was seeing, I wanted to make sure every thing was O.K. before I install KB2993651.

Thank you for your quick response.

LKW198 

No Events found!