ky331
6 Indium

Updates 10/15/19 - Adobe Reader DC, CCleaner (AUTOMATIC UPDATE!), Java

Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Acrobat DC and Reader DC, for Windows.  

Version 2019.021.20047

These updates address critical vulnerabilities that could potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. 

Available via the program's internal updater:   Help / Check for Updates ;  alternatively:

For Reader DC (Document Cloud), or other Reader versions for Windows, you can locate your appropriate update here:  https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows

For Acrobat DC for Windows, you can locate your appropriate update here:  http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Panda DOME 18.7.4, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, Microsoft EDGE, Firefox, Pale Moon, uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ky331
6 Indium

Re: Updates 10/15/19 - Adobe Reader DC

FWIW, I'm finding this Reader update to be very slow (non-responsive)… at least, on the one system where I've updated it.   I don't know if it's just me, or if there's a problem with the update.   As such, I suggest people wait a bit, to see if others report the same issue (which may result in a patched version).

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Panda DOME 18.7.4, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, Microsoft EDGE, Firefox, Pale Moon, uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

0 Kudos
ky331
6 Indium

CCleaner v5.63.7540 (15 Oct 2019)

General
- This release contains an important security update and some minor bug fixes and UI updates

You can read more here: https://forum.piriform.com/topic/55747-ccleaner-v5637540/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

go for the SLIM build

0 Kudos
ky331
6 Indium

Re: CCleaner 5.36.7540

At CCleaner, we are committed to providing users with the most secure and easy-to-use product so that their PCs always stay clean, safe and fast.

In this release we have included some important security updates and minor UI improvements and bug fixes. 

General

• Users on versions v5.57 through to v5.62 have been automatically updated to the new version to take advantage of its enhanced security and improved performance. Users will not notice any change to any of their product settings and can continue to use it as normal
  • Minor UI changes and bug fixes

ky331
6 Indium

Java:

I do NOT use/need Java.   For the sake of those who still do, Oracle released new updates; see https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/overview/index.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
joe53
5 Rhenium

ky, thanks for this info. As you know, I  have always opposed automatic downloads of software for any non-security updates. I have never considered CCleaner  a security product.

I am very disappointed that CCleaner has taken this step. I'm glad I froze my version long before this development.

Dell Forum Member since 2,000

Use OpenDNS   MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Free

Windows 7/sp1 (64- Bit): Malwarebytes 3.x Premium, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol PLUS, Emsisoft Emergency Kit Free and HitmanPro Free (on-demand scanners), OpenDNS, MVPS Hosts file, SpywareBlaster, Pale Moon web browser, Sandboxie, CCleaner Free.

Windows 10 Pro (64- Bit): Same protection plus Windows Defender AV.

"In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes" - Banksy

0 Kudos