Start a Conversation

Unsolved

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

October 31st, 2019 12:00

Updates 10/31/19 - Firefox

Firefox Version 70.0. 1, first offered to Release channel users on October 31, 2019

Fixed

• Fix for an issue that caused some websites or page elements using dynamic JavaScript to fail to load. (Bug 1592136)

• Update OpenH264 video plugin for macOS 10.15 users (Bug 1587543)

• Title bar no longer shows in full screen view (Bug 1588747)

Changed

• OpenH264 video codec version bump for macOS 10.15 users (Bug 1587543)

==============

Available via the internal updater:   Help / About Firefox

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

November 6th, 2019 11:00

Don't be fooled by a message box that pops up in FF and tells you that you are running a pirated copy of Windows.

Don't call the number displayed.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/11/scammers-are-exploiting-an-unpatched-firefox-bug-to-send-users-into-a-panic/

(With acknowledgement to plodr for posting at Landzdown)

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

November 6th, 2019 13:00

@ky331  - Thanks for this malware update.

If FF is set to delete Cookies and Site Data on Exit (Privacy/Security screen), it might not be able re-open the malware site the next time it's opened.

And/or run Ccleaner before opening FF again. Ccleaner should clear everything left behind by FF including its history and that might remove anything needed to re-open the malware site the next time FF is launched.

Caveat: I haven't gotten this exploit so I haven't tested either of these theories and YRMV. 

BTW: If you change History (Privacy/Security screen) from "remember" to "never" which might stop this attack from reopening, you may break some sites. I can't log into this forum with FF History set to "never". So that may be another reason to run Ccleaner whenever you close FF, even if you're not hit by this exploit but just don't want anything left behind for trackers/hackers to find.

No Events found!