Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

December 12th, 2017 04:00

Updates 12/12/17 - "Microsoft Tuesday", CCleaner

This thread is currently "under construction", and will be edited for the remainder of today.   Please excuse any blank spaces or crossed-out "placeholders" for items expected to be announced.

Today is Microsoft Tuesday --- the  SECOND Tuesday of the month --- on which Microsoft is expected to release its monthly cycle of Windows security updates.   Based on previous history, they should become available at 1 P.M. [USA - Eastern STANDARD Time]
------------------
Please use Windows/Automatic Updates to determine which updates are applicable to your particular system.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

Adobe AIR  28.0.0.127 has been released (for those who have/use AIR)

https://get.adobe.com/air/

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

Adobe Flash Player  28.0.0.126 has been released

Direct downloads (no bundled junk) for  Windows 7 and earlier :emotion-30: (  Revised installer links located toward bottom of:   https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html )
Plugin-based browsers (Firefox etc) -
=======================================

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

WARNING:  The link for this separate download of the MSRT is now pre-checking a box to also download "MSN default homepage & Bing default search engine".    Be sure to uncheck this, unless you really want it!

Malicious  Software  Removal  Tool (MSRT, MRT) for December, version 5. 55
Reminder:   Users who are paranoid about the remote possibility of a FP can opt to run this tool from a Command Prompt, appending a    /N   parameter [for "detect only" mode].
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This month's MSRT adds detection/removal of

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

December 12th, 2017 05:00

CCleaner v5.38.6357 (12 Dec 2017)

Browser Cleaning
- Edge: Session clean no longer removes set-aside tabs
- Chrome: Added support for cleaning cookies from Local Storage

Cookies
- Chrome Local Storage Cookies can now be managed from Cookie Manager

Windows
- CCleaner no longer cleans the list of files waiting to be renamed

Installer
- Fixed 'Error opening file for writing' error

General
- Fixed a library dependency that was preventing CCleaner from opening on Wndows XP in some cases
- Fixed a rare case where CCleaner could check for updates multiple times in a short space of time

Either be careful to UNcheck any pre-checked offers for bundled programs/toolbars (unless you really want them)... or else, wait a few days until the SLIM build is released.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

December 12th, 2017 11:00

Adobe Flash Player  28.0.0.126 has been released

Direct downloads (no bundled junk) for  Windows 7 and earlier :emotion-30: (  Revised installer links located toward bottom of:   https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html )
Plugin-based browsers (Firefox etc) -
=======================================
I downloaded flash 28.0.0.126 for IE (Win 7, 32-bit) today and it appeared to install successfully and it even opened an IE page with their "Thank you" message. But when I went here to check the update, that site said I still had v27. I downloaded v28 again and same thing happened.
Third time, the installer told me to close IE (never saw that before!). I closed all open IE windows but the installer kept saying to close IE even though no IE processes were running in Task Manager.
It finally installed on 4th attempt.
Bottom line: Verify that the update actually got installed because it might not warn you otherwise.

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

December 15th, 2017 07:00

This month's update package finally showed up this morning (Friday). Have no idea where they were lurking till now. :emotion-42:

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

December 20th, 2017 06:00

SLIM build (CCleaner) is now available.

No Events found!