Unsolved

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

December 5th, 2018 04:00

Updates 12/5/18 - Flash

Adobe Flash Player  32.0.0.101 has been released

Direct downloads (no bundled junk) for  Windows 7 and earlier 

Revised installer links located toward bottom of:   https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html )
Plugin-based browsers (Firefox etc) -

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

December 6th, 2018 12:00

Anyone else having problems downloading the Flash plug-in for FF from the link above?  It asks if I want to save the file but the download never starts. If I close FF, it says I'll cancel the download.

I cancelled it, closed FF, launched and tried again, but the download never starts. The file is shown in the folder as being 0 kb and even after ~10 min, it hasn't downloaded, and my network activity widget shows no download activity.

Win 7Pro+SP1, 32-bit.

EDIT: I was able to update Flash for IE11 on this same PC from that link posted above, so I know my connection works and I can do updates.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

December 6th, 2018 15:00

Ron,

The first time (machine) I downloaded the FF plugin, it downloaded without any problem.

But when I tried on another system later in the day, I had the same experience you described for quite a while.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

December 6th, 2018 16:00

@ky331- Thanks for the info. At least it's not just me.  :Wink:

Tried again after reading your post, but still not downloading. Guess their servers must be busy. I'll try again tomorrow...

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

December 7th, 2018 17:00

Latest Flash update for FF finally downloaded today. I closed FF and launched the installer .exe which ran.

When I go here using FF to check,  clicking the Check Now button gives: "Please Wait. Checking latest version info." But it never responds.

Doing the exact same thing with IE11 says: "Congratulations, your computer has the latest Flash Player installed."

DUH!  :TongueTied:

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

December 9th, 2018 05:00

More information on this out-of-band CRITICAL patch for a zero-day flaw being exploited in the wild.:

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/12/07/flash-zero-day-exploit-spotted-patch-now/

No Events found!