Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

April 10th, 2018 04:00

Updates 4/10/18 - "Microsoft Tuesday"

Today is Microsoft Tuesday --- the  SECOND Tuesday of the month --- on which Microsoft is expected to release its monthly cycle of Windows security updates.   Based on previous history, they should become available at 1 P.M. [USA - Eastern DAYLIGHT Saving Time]
------------------

Please use Windows/Automatic Updates to determine which updates are applicable to your particular system.

=====================

Adobe should be joining-in with updates to Flash.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

Adobe Flash Player  29.0.0.140 has been released

Direct downloads (no bundled junk) for Windows 7 and earlier 

Revised installer links located toward bottom of:  https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html )
Plugin-based browsers (Firefox etc) -

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

WARNING:  The link for this separate download of the MSRT is now pre-checking a box to also download "MSN default homepage & Bing default search engine".    Be sure to uncheck this, unless you really want it!

Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT, MRT) for April, version 5.59
Reminder:   Users who are paranoid about the remote possibility of a FP can opt to run this tool from a Command Prompt, appending a   /N   parameter [for "detect only" mode].

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

April 10th, 2018 15:00

This month's MSRT added detection/removal of Win32/Modimer 

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 11th, 2018 10:00

Anybody else have issues with the MS updates for Win 7, 32-bit, yesterday?

Win 7 quality roll-up (KB4093118), several updates for MS Office Compatibility Pack, MSRT, and MSE definitions update were all marked "successful" yesterday.

Cold boot this A.M. and my desktop had strange icons on black background. Looked more like Safe Mode.  No connection to Ethernet, and all toolbar icons missing. Had to reboot several times before my normal desktop appeared but had icons scrambled all over the place and new shortcuts for things I never put on my desktop, and some other apps that got pinned to the taskbar.

I wish MS would stop breaking things by trying to fix things... :SuperAngry:

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

April 11th, 2018 11:00

I'm mostly on Win7x64... but updated several Win7x32 at work with no problems (so far...)

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

April 13th, 2018 15:00

I'm gonna wait a couple of weeks.

No Events found!