7 Gold

Updates for St. Patrick's Day, March 17, 2009

Please refer to Calendar of Updates.

The Calendar of Updates is devoted to bringing you the latest information about new and upcoming updates for almost every security software.

If anyone would like to discuss a particular update, please reply in this topic.

Windows Insider MVP 2016 - Present

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2006-2016

Social Media and Community Professional

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ky331
6 Indium

Re: Updates for St. Patrick's Day, March 17, 2009

Avira Antivir version 9 was released today, for:

• Windows 2000 SP4 Service Rollup 1 (with at least 192 MB RAM) - or
  • Windows XP SP2 (32 or 64 bit)  (with at least 192 MB RAM) - or
  • Windows Vista SP1 (32 or 64 bit) (with at least 512 MB RAM)
  • Note:  Administrative rights are required for installation

Note:  For those wishing to keep it (for whatever reason), Avira will continue to support version 8 of the affected products until 31 March 2010.

Side Note:   I recall posting an earlier article that indicated avira 8 users will have to uninstall their old versions before installing the new version.   I would strongly suggest current users check into this carefully, before proceeding.   (I'm using Avast, so I can't be of help here).  for more information, see  http://www.avira.com/en/support/migrationsportal_av9.html

Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus, Avira AntiVir Premium and Avira Premium Security Suite

• Quarantine manager: the number of columns has been reduced
    • Quarantine manager: send files using HTTP
    • System tray tool: display the status of modules on mouse-over
    • Last system scan: individual configuration of the alert message
    • Renaming "Win32 Heuristic" to "AHeAD" in the configuration panel
    • Support for netbooks (screen resolution)
    • Configuration panel: new button "Default Values". This button allows you to restore the configuration to the predefined default values
    • New installation folder and registry keys for all products: "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop" and "HKLM\Software\Avira\AntiVir Desktop".Now there are no differences between the products AntiVir Personal, AntiVir Premium and Premium Security Suite any longer
    • Configuration wizard after setup
    • Process protection for GUI processes
    • File and folder protection for AntiVir files and folders
    • Registry protection for AntiVir keys
    • Scanning of locked files
    • Scanner: combined display of malware detections and one-click removal after an on demand scan. This option can be set in the scanner configuration
    • Scanner: improved system disinfection
    • Scanner: optimized scan on multi-processor machines
    • Guard: less overhead in memory
    • Scheduler: scheduling on multiple days of the week
    • Scheduler: manual starting and stopping of jobs
  • Ad-/Spyware detection
  •  

http://www.avira.com/en/pages/index.php

http://www.free-av.com/

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Panda DOME 18.7.4, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, Microsoft EDGE, Firefox, Pale Moon, uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

0 Kudos