Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2006 12:00

VIRUS? When I type, the cursor jumps around

I cannot type on my laptop keyboard without the cursor jumping all over the screen.My OS is Windows 2000. I have run Norton AntiVirus, but I get no results. Nevertheless, it seems a bug has infected my computer. The keyboard has become almost useless Any suggestions as to what bug this is, and how to get rid of it?
e cursor will jump backwards like this. If I continue to type, it works OK unliI it
Sometimes as I type, th   does it ad againgain an 

There seems no pattern - it is just random. Jump back, jump a few lines,  turns off INSERT function, it's totally nuts. It acts like a bug.

Can anyone help me determine the problem, or identify the Virus/fix if this is a bug?

8.8K Posts

December 14th, 2006 14:00

Let's dig a bit deeper and see what is going on?

Please post a log on the HJT Forum where someone can review it and help you.

Click HERE to download a self-extractable version of HijackThis.
  • Double click on hijackthis.exe to extract hijackthis to folder c:\hijackthis.
  • It will extract it to that folder and open the folder for you.
  • It will also create a shortcut on your desktop to HijackThis.

• It will scan and the log should open in notepad.Click on "Edit > Select
  • All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the
  • log.
Do not have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

thanks,
ZB1

508 Posts

December 14th, 2006 18:00

Get a new mouse. That was my problem. See if it happens smae possibility with keyboard.

Is the mouse a ball mouse?

8.8K Posts

December 14th, 2006 21:00

...ya' know gmanson, you just might be right. :)

zb1

508 Posts

January 5th, 2007 02:00

This might be a virus in that situation. Get hijackthis and post a log in the hijackthis forum.

1 Message

January 5th, 2007 02:00

My wife has the same problem with cursor jump and she is not using a mouse.  The just types on her D600 and all of a sudden finds herself typing 3 paragraphs up. --Jeff
No Events found!