Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2008 08:00

Virus question

While working on my daughter's computer yesterday ( i ran malwarebytes and was finally able to get rid of that pesky system security), I noticed her mouse is not acting the way it should.  It jumps around alot and would not allow me to click on certain things. I had a hard time with it and was wondering if anyone knows of a virus that acts like this.  Anything that she has gotten on her computer, came from Imesh.  I ran a free virus scan from panda and it did not find any viruses, but i am sure she has one.

Thanks for any advise.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

December 30th, 2008 08:00

Let's start with the obvious/easy:   have you tried connecting a different mouse to the system, to see if that has any impact on the problem?

Since you've already run a virus (Panda) scan and malware ( MalwareBytes) scan, you've done a reasonable check of these issues.  

I assume you have a resident anti-virus program on the machine --- have you scanned with it?

There are some other scans we could try (not that I really expect them to find anything more), but I really think it best to check out the mouse (hardware) first...

No Events found!