Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 2nd, 2015 04:00

WOT and compatibility with Win 10?

I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7.

Now I do not see WOT or Sandibox that was previously installed.

Also I do not see MSE that was previously installed - This I believe I do not need to install as I read it that the latest OS Win 10 has amalgamated the Defender & Virus protection in their defender that get installed.

I see my Zemana Antilogger and Cryptoprevent is working after this upgrade.

I intend now to re-install my Win 10, I would like to know if I could download Win 10 version of the

WOT, Antilogger, & Cryptoprevent?

1.1K Posts

August 2nd, 2015 14:00

Thank you KY331. Your are ever so helpful and so one can depend on...

"I intend now to re-install my Win 10"... if you've already upgraded/installed it, why do you want/need to REinstall it?

I could see this Win.old in my directory & and on every boot I find it is not as quick as Win 7, made me think in that direction.

Now when I am typing I could see spelling is corrected in Win 10-Just an observation...

I could see WOT is still functional when I opened Google after posting in here.

Thanking you

Regards

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

August 2nd, 2015 05:00

Yes, Windows Defender on Win 10 (as well as Win 8/8.1) has replaced MSE... you have Microsoft's a/v protection, and so do NOT need a separate MSE on these systems... in fact, if you try to install it, my understanding is that it will not let you do so.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am not using Win10... and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.   So I can't speak with firsthand knowledge.   With that in mind:

Looking at WOT's site https://www.mywot.com/en/download , it does NOT mention Win10.   Now, it could simply be that they haven't updated their site yet... but on the other hand, it may mean that WOT is not yet Win10 compatible.

Keep in mind that there is a separate download/installation of WOT for each browser in which you wish to use it.   For example, there's WOT for IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Safari.   But I do NOT (currently) see EDGE listed.   I would take that to mean there's no WOT for EDGE (yet?)... but if you're running IE11 [which is also included] on Win10, you might be able to install it there (???).

----------------------------------------------------------------

Likewise, Sandboxie's site does not mention Win10 (yet?) http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie

EDIT:   Looking at the Sandboxie forum, I can now confirm that the current 4.x series of official releases are NOT Win10 compatible.   However, the 5.x series --- currently in BETA-testing --- are working towards Win10 compatibility:   "SBIE v5 [BETA] and up works with Win 10 minus [i.e., excluding] Edge and Metro apps. It's been tested w/ major browsers and commonly used software. Games, may or may not work. As we don't test every possible game. I would first make sure the game supports Win 10."  http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21498&p=111441&hilit=Win10#p111467

----------------------------------------------------------------

"I intend now to re-install my Win 10"... if you've already upgraded/installed it, why do you want/need to REinstall it?

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

August 2nd, 2015 16:00

in regard to Win.Old ---

I believe the Win10 upgrade is keeping around a copy of your old (pre-upgrade) version of Windows, so that if you're unhappy with win10, you'll be able to roll-back to the prior version.   My understanding is that the roll-back feature is available for only 30 days... so presumably, win10 will automatically delete the Win.old in about a month.

No Events found!