Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

September 18th, 2019 19:00

Windows Defender Scans Broken After New Update

"With the release of [WD] version 4.18.1908.7, Microsoft may have fixed that bug, but have now created a new one...

Starting yesterday, when that version was released, users have started reporting [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6] that they are unable to perform Quick or Full scans. When they attempt to do so, instead of scanning the thousands of files that they are used to, Windows Defender is only scanning about 40 files.

Update: This issue is now resolved in "Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.301.1684.0)" definitions." (Lawrence Abrams, Bleeping Computer, Sept.18)

Full read:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-defender-antivirus-scans-broken-after-new-update/

Comment: I use WD on my Win 10 system and can confirm this glitch. However I had to perform a manual update to get this glitch-fixed version. I suggest that everyone using WD do a quick scan, and if the scan only takes seconds then do a quick "check for updates" to ensure version 1.301.1684.o is installed.

No Responses!
No Events found!