Start a Conversation

Unsolved

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

February 9th, 2019 13:00

Windows Defender

When I look at the history of installed WD definitions updates in Win 10 Pro (1809), some of them are marked with a (2) at the end of the line on the list. Does anybody know what that (2) means?

WD update.JPG

Just curious... 

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

February 9th, 2019 17:00

I'm not seeing that (2) in my Win 10 Pro Update history, and saw only one (manual) update dated today. The obvious explanation would suggest it was a second update for the same date, but as I looked at my WD update history I saw several days where there was a second definition update, and none were appended by that (2) I note that I am still running win 10 version 1803, having delayed the latest OS update, so that might explain the discrepancies.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

February 9th, 2019 18:00

Thanks Joe.

I see multiple dates with 2 WD definitions updates too. In the example I posted above, the first update for today has the (2), not the second one. So that doesn't explain it.

I thought maybe the (2) meant it's the second attempt to install the update, but I don't see another one with the same update number marked "failed" in the history. So that doesn't explain it either.

And on many -but not all- dates with only a single WD definitions update it's marked (2) too. So that doesn't explain it.

Don't know if this is unique to 1809. Don't remember if I had any marked with (2) with 1803.

Color me confused by another of the mysteries of Redmond!

No Events found!