Highlighted
Thorium

Windows Updates not documented...?

Windows Update tells me there are two updates for Win 7 (32-bit) available today. Clicking the links for more info returns "not found" from the MS site.

KB3177723 - Important

KB3179573 - Optional

Several posts already today on the MS forum about the lack of info about these updates, and no responses from Microsoft.

I'm not installing them until they fess up. 

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ky331
Indium

RE: Windows Updates not documented...?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3177723 2016 — Egypt permanently cancels DST

=====================================================================

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3179573 August 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 - The August 2016 update rollup includes some new improvements and fixes for the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 platform:

This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
  • Improved performance on specific networks that have a high-bandwidth and low latency.
  • Addressed issue with users encountering a bugcheck, when trying to access a domain DFS namespace (for example, \\contoso.com\SYSVOL) on a computer that is configured to require mutual authentication (by using the UNC Hardened Access feature).

This problem may occur if the selected domain controller has security update KB3161561 installed, and if the SmbServerNameHardeningLevel registry entry is configured to a non-zero value on the domain controller.

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), avast! v17 Free, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, IE11 & Firefox (both using WOT [IE set to WARN, FF set to BLOCK]), uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

0 Kudos
Thorium

RE: Windows Updates not documented...?

Thanks.

Those links weren't active for me earlier today, and  not for any of the users posting on the MS forum. Wonder why they weren't live when the updates were released. OK, it's Microsoft...

But 'splain me... The Egypt DST update KB3177723 is labeled important, but the August roll-up KB3179573 is only optional...?

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos