Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 4th, 2019 07:00

ads spam

Hi I keep getting ads on both google chrome and Microsoft edge. I have tried to disable, block sites but it is not working. I am thinking of resetting my pc but i read i wont work. Please help Paul NB i have alienware

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

November 7th, 2019 11:00

Scan thoroughly for malware. You can use the free versions of Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. They're "on-demand" scans so they only run when you launch them and they shouldn't interfere with whichever active anti-malware app you use, like Windows Defender, Norton, etc.

I'd scan with both since neither will find everything...

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

November 4th, 2019 11:00

Lots of sites host ads as a way to support that site. Is that what you mean? Without ads those sites would have to charge for access. And if you try to block the ads, some sites may not let you in.

Or, are you seeing ads on sites like this forum which don't host ads?

17 Posts

November 5th, 2019 02:00

they just pop up out of know where.

• 

25.1K Posts

November 5th, 2019 03:00

Thank you for the Service Tag. 
Let me look into this and help you out towards resolution.

My name is Khalander, your dedicated support assistant.
Before we proceed, could you share the below information for verification purposes?
Owner's name:
Phone:
Email:
Current location:

17 Posts

November 5th, 2019 05:00

is there away i can communicate via private message. i dont feel comfortable giving out information like that

17 Posts

November 6th, 2019 02:00

Paul Okwii

Kenya

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

November 6th, 2019 11:00

@Captain_o  - Please remove the email address from your last post. You were right to say you didn't want to post your info in this thread, but then you did it anyway...

Double-click Dell Cares in Khalander's post and when that window opens, look for Contact Me on the right side of the page and send a Private Message with the info that was requested.

And answer my questions too...

17 Posts

November 6th, 2019 20:00

They just pop up and open new windows. 

17 Posts

November 8th, 2019 07:00

i have used both but they still pop up but less frequently

What know? Should i rest my computer 

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

November 8th, 2019 11:00

Sounds like some kind malware infection. I was going to suggest checking out the landzdown (dot) com site, but get an error message that the "page cannot be displayed".

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

November 8th, 2019 11:00

Did either of those find/remove any malware?

Sometimes doing a reset or a clean install is the only way to get rid of malware. Is your PC on a network and one of your other devices is infected and spreads it to this PC?

If you decide to do a reset or clean install, be sure to back up all your personal files on external media and make sure you have the product keys for all your apps, eg Microsoft Office etc. Assuming this is Win 10, its product key is embedded in the motherboard so you shouldn't have to enter its key to activate Windows again.

No Events found!