ky331
6 Indium

avast F/P on Cyberlink's DVDLauncher as Win32:Malware Gen

I received a "virus alert" this morning, after avast updated to database 110725-0.   the file in question has been on my system for years (ever since I first got it).  I've sent a copy of the file to avast for its analysis/consideration, so that hopefully, the f/p will be corrected "soon".

posting here to let others know about it, in case they encounter the same issue.

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Panda DOME 18.7.4, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, Microsoft EDGE, Firefox, Pale Moon, uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ky331
6 Indium

Re: avast F/P on Cyberlink's DVDLauncher as Win32:Malware Gen

Here's a link  to the analysis of virustotal.

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=65675f0a19021c54416f116a1517f3a33c8197666aa9685f0...

for those not familiar with GDATA, it's a "superset" of Avast... so anything that avast finds, GDATA will also (but not necessarily the other way around).

as such, 3 of the "4" detecting anti-viruses are the same here.

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Panda DOME 18.7.4, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, Microsoft EDGE, Firefox, Pale Moon, uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

0 Kudos
ky331
6 Indium

Re: avast F/P on Cyberlink's DVDLauncher as Win32:Malware Gen

this F/P has been promptly fixed with the release of definitions 110725-1 emoticon.Smile.title

0 Kudos