I keep getting this error message

api-ms-win-downlevel-shell32-l1-1-0.dll file missing

can anyone help?

Thanks

Matt

2.6K Posts

June 25th, 2013 02:00

Hello Matt,

In order to assist you further, please help me understand when exactly do you get the error message. You may also try the suggestions mentioned in the article on api-ms-win-downlevel-shell32-l1-1-0.dll and check if that helps!

3 Posts

June 25th, 2013 11:00

Hello Allan,

I have my laptop plugged into the TV. I have piece of software call Expatshield which allows me to watch TV programs in the UK . I have been using this for a couple of years without a problem until a day ago I clicked on the shortcut and above error message popped up. Someone mentioned it could have been caused by a Microsoft update that was faulty?

Thanks

Matt

20.5K Posts

June 25th, 2013 12:00

You may want to refer to this discussion.There are numbers and information in the topic that will put you in contact with Microsoft. This issue is several months old, so they should have a record of it. Best of luck in getting this resolved.

3 Posts

June 25th, 2013 14:00

Thank you for that info.

Matt

20.5K Posts

June 25th, 2013 16:00

You're welcome, Matt. Let us know if you are successful in finding a solution to the problem. Considering that others had the same issue, Microsoft should be able to tell you by now what happened and suggest a possible fix.

No Events found!