Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 12th, 2010 05:00

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Dell%20Support%20Center/sscommon/common/inc/ss_shellinclude.js

This keeps popping up and my computer has slowed down quite a bit. How do I get rid of it? Pls advise.

20.5K Posts

May 12th, 2010 07:00

I'm not sure what you mean by "popping up".  Perhaps it is a script error message. It may be appearing due to a recent Support Center update.

Try these solutions:
1) Uninstall Support Center using Control Panel (via Uninstall a program) and reinstall. The Support Center downloads are HERE for both the 32 and 64-bit Windows versions.

2) Disable IE Script Error Notification: Open IE and click Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab. Under Browsing uncheck Display a notification about every script error. This is more a workaround than a solution but it should keep IE from displaying the error message until a fix is posted.

3) Uninstall Support Center. If you don't use Support Center then you can uninstall it completely using Control Panel. However, sometimes the uninstall leaves remnants behind. Some systems perform better without Support Center installed but if you use it then you should choose one of the previous options. If you do choose this option and want to know if remnants were left behind, let us know.

1K Posts

May 12th, 2010 07:00

Hi lmontoute and welcome to Dell Forums.

First. Always post your OS and PC model.

Second. Use the appropriate forum section. This is Virus & Spyware Discussions Forum. You should have posted here. This is a bad update by Support Center.

This might help you:

Follow Williamkidd instructions.

http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=3819.0

Hope it helps.

EDIT: BB beat me to it. Faster typest I guess.

No Events found!