Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

December 29th, 2004 19:00

firewall protection

Installed Mcafee for firewall and virus protection etc...  now when i surf i have have to copy and past certain websites or it locks me out and returns me Internet explorer window.  out look express does the same thing when i click on certain things no way to copy and paste everything here.  How can i solve this ?  I have turned off the firewall setting and this does not help.  will allow no java script?

4.8K Posts

December 29th, 2004 21:00

WoodHorse,

Can you tell us more about what "copy & paste" means? Does it look like a content filter is in place? or is it blocking the address (url)?

Mike.

24 Posts

it happens when u open a site and that site has mutiple areas to go to.  If u don't right click copy short cut and then paste that in the address bar it will say there is an error with microsoft and send u back to Internet explorer.  With outlook Express u can't always copy and paste.

8.8K Posts

What type of sites are these?
Gaming? or what?

Steve

4.8K Posts

December 29th, 2004 23:00

WoodHorse,

Ok, your saying that if you just click on a link, nothing will happen, but if you copy/paste the shortcut into the address bar and press return, it'll take you to the linked webpage? Correct?

Mike.

24 Posts

December 30th, 2004 10:00

mike correct.  It  not only does not take u to the link it creates an error message and sends u back to internet explorer start page.

4.8K Posts

December 31st, 2004 00:00

WoodHorse,

I'm not sure, but i'm guessing it has something to do with a dll file associated with, or used by Internet Explorer.

Maybe Volcano11(Steve) or NemesisDB might know, try dropping them a note and see what they might think.

Let me know what you find. Alot of members seem to be having a problem with this one.

Mike.

No Events found!