Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2012 09:00

hijackthis log

I need help determining what to fix when i ran Hyjackthis to stop hyjacking. Can anyone help when I post the log?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 18th, 2012 13:00

bgentle,

Try reading Post Here for Malware Removal ...

Rick

20.5K Posts

January 18th, 2012 14:00

bgentle, HijackThis is a diagnostic tool that is rather outdated. The forum that you were sent to no longer uses HijackThis for an initial post. When you say that you were hijacked, were your only symptoms being redirected, or were there others?  What security scans have you already run -- anti-virus? anti-malware? In order to serve you better, to determine the severity of your infection, and to direct you to the appropriate forum, please download a diagnostic tool named DDS and save it to your desktop.

• Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE.

---------------------------------------------------
Please include the contents of the following logs by copying and pasting the text of each into your next reply:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Based on the contents of those logs specific information can be forwarded to a helper at SpywareHammer.

20.5K Posts

January 19th, 2012 19:00

bgentle,

Do you still need help?  If you are having trouble downloading or running DDS, we can use an alternative approach, so please let us know.

20.5K Posts

February 8th, 2012 11:00

This discussion is closed because the original poster has been referred to a dedicated malware removal site.
Everyone else who is having a similar issue, please begin a New Post at the top of the forum.

No Events found!