Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2013 18:00

ransom ware

got a virus holding my desktop to ransom .... received info thank you on emergency reboot is it the same as boot logging and would i loose any files like photo's regards novice

20.5K Posts

March 15th, 2013 07:00

Hi cujo18,

You posted HERE as well and have received a reply from one of Dell's Rockstars. He offered some advice, so you may want to respond to that with your questions.

If you are still having problems, my suggestion is to post the required DDS logs on the Malware Removal Forum at SpywareHammer and have the staff trained in malware removal walk you through the diagnostic logs and a cleanup. They do not use remote access but will advise you step-by-step on what you can do. Please do not attempt to run any additional scans, install software, or use any other tools until an analyst can advise you on the next step. Please use the same username there as you have here. Help is free, but you will need to register there and follow the posting instructions.

The instructions will inform you of where to download DDS and how to run a scan to post the output information. If you are unable to run the computer to download and post, use the computer that you are on now to let SpywareHammer know that. They will give you some alternate steps to try.

No Events found!