Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 25th, 2022 02:00

Power Light on but nothing happen...

Yesterday, my Dell Vostro 3668 ran normally but now, the power light is on but the hard drive led is not blinking and the display shows nothing, how can I fix it at home while coronavirus?

Service Tag:

my kid tear the express code, I'm sorry

I posted with my phone

7 Technologist

• 

10.3K Posts

January 26th, 2022 05:00

That is really a mystery.  If you are 100% sure VGA and HDMI cable to monitor are all working, then the only tests I think left to do is try this:

remove both ram, does power button flash amber or pc beep then?

install one ram back, try remove cmos battery for 30 min, drain system power by pressing power button and unplug power cord

finally clear cmos settings by reset cmos jumper (#14 on board layout) on motherboard.

7 Technologist

• 

10.3K Posts

January 25th, 2022 08:00

does power button flash?

The computer POST (Power On Self Test) ensures that it meets the basic computer requirements and the hardware is working appropriately before the boot process begins. If the computer passes the POST, the computer continues to start in a normal mode. However, if the computer fails the POST, the computer emits a series of LED codes during the start-up. The system LED is integrated on the Power button.

The following table shows different light patterns and what they indicate.

Table 1. Diagnostics
NUMBER OF LED FLASHES BEEP CODE PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
2 amber 2 No memory or RAM detected
4 amber 4 Memory or RAM failure
5 amber 5 CMOS battery failure
3 amber, 4 white 3,4 Recovery image invalid
3 amber, 3 white 3,3 Recovery image not found

7 Technologist

• 

10.3K Posts

January 25th, 2022 21:00

Re:the display shows nothing

white power button is supposed to be a normal sign.  make sure video cable is securely connected to both pc and monitor and monitor is tested working using another video source such as laptop.  how are you connecting pc to monitor in terms of video port and video cable?  if possible use VGA port and cable to connect to monitor rather than HDMI to make diagnosis simple.

5 Posts

January 25th, 2022 21:00

Not flashing, just white light and no beep or flashing led in the keyboard. 

edit: I tried pressing the power button 30-sec reset BIOS in the Dell Support channel but nothing happens!

5 Posts

January 26th, 2022 01:00

I checked the cable and power, the monitor said that the cable connected, no source, the brightness, and contrast setting is 100 like normal, I'm using a Samsung monitor. Also, I connected the HDMI cable to tv but it said no signal, my pc HDMI port is not broken, I tried VGA and twist the screw carefully but no signal.

5 Posts

January 26th, 2022 02:00

Also, I forgot that when I turn on the pc, it does not show the Dell icon, just a black screen and white power button. The hard drive led and the keyboard-led indicator not blinking and have no beep sound from the PC. I hope this is a helpful info

5 Posts

January 26th, 2022 06:00

OMG, It worked normally again, thank you so much!!!

No Events found!