Highlighted
r8sso
1 Nickel

Upgrading Wifi Adapter Vostro 3470

Jump to solution
Hi I'm looking to upgrade the wifi receiver on my new desktop as I don't think what it's shipped with is very good - "802.11bgn + Bluetooth 4.0, 1x1" My old laptop which packed up had "802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) and Bluetooth 4.0 combo (Miracast compatible)" and speed tests in the same room were considerably better. I think the Dell is giving 17Mbps and from memory the laptop was 65-90Mbps. What options do I have for replacing (or adding) an upgraded wireless adapter? I've actually used the PCIe x16 slot for a "USB 3.1 Gen 2" card so that isn't an option... Thanks in advance Ross
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
r8sso
1 Nickel

Re: Upgrading Wifi Adapter Vostro 3470

Jump to solution
After looking into this, would I just need to install this: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-wireless-ac-9260-m2-card-wifi-bluetooth-5-9260ngw-m2-key-a-e-2... ...into the m.2 WLAN socket on the motherboard? I thought I'd need to buy a PCIE card but this would work out cheaper! https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/uk/en/ukbsdt1/vostro-3470-desktop/vos_3470_service_manual/remov...
0 Kudos
r8sso
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
Feel like I'm talking to myself here! For reference if anyone reads the thread... turns out my laptop which broke had an Intel Dual Band AC7265 M.2 which is compatible with the 3470 so I swapped it with the chip on the Vostro motherboard and hey ho Wifi speeds have increased! Saved myself £25!
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hir8sso,

Thanks for your post and for sending your service tag information.

Glad you were able to resolve the issue.  If you need further assistance, please post back.

Regards,
Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos