Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

4 Posts

January 18th, 2019 07:00

Vostro 3470, sound works but hear squeaks

Hi,

I have a sound problem in the new Vostro 3470. I use the small jack output. The sound works but hear squeaks, buzzing as if something is stirring up. The problem is in the computer because I checked on three different speakers and cables. What can you do about it?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

There are 4 audio ports--2 input -2 output. Which one are you using and what is connected to it--headphones, speakers, microphone ? You should be connecting speakers to the light green line out port on the top of the back  with 2 other ports. See Back View in the manual*

*Manual https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/vostro-3470-desktop_owners-manual4_en-us.pdf

• 

16.7K Posts

kezsunaj,

For connecting speakers you will need to use the back audio speaker jacks. The front jack is for a Microphone. Click the link below to download the online manual.

Dell Vostro 3470 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

• 

16.7K Posts

January 18th, 2019 09:00

kezsunaj,

Click the link below to download and reinstall the Realtek audio driver, reboot and retest.

Dell Vostro 3470 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

How to Troubleshoot Audio or Sound Playback Issues

Speakers and Headphones

4 Posts

January 18th, 2019 09:00

This a SFF version, there are only one audio port for speaker in the back (green) and I put minijack to this port directly :) I not used front port (for headphones). This is SFF case: https://cdn.cnetcontent.com/77/c2/77c22be3-2091-43dd-93dd-97b1b48c2cc7.jpg

4 Posts

January 18th, 2019 13:00

I started the computer with LinuxLiveCD and the problem here also occurs. This is not the driver's fault but some problem with the mass in the socket. Does DELL have to replace the entire mainboard in this case?

• 

16.7K Posts

January 21st, 2019 04:00

kezsunaj,

Unfortunately, Dell does not support LinuxLive. Run the Dell diagnostics by following the information below. You will also need to click the link below and put the system in your name. 

Ownership Transfer Form

The Dell ePSA diagnostics perform a complete check of your system hardware. The ePSA is embedded in the BIOS and is launched by the BIOS internally (from the advanced boot menu). The embedded system diagnostics provide a set of options for particular devices or device groups allowing you to:

• Run tests automatically or in an interactive mode.
  • Repeat tests
  • Display or save test results.
  • Run thorough tests to introduce additional test options to provide extra information about the failed device(s).
  • View status messages that inform you if tests are completed successfully.
  • View error messages that inform you of problems encountered during testing.

Launching the ePSA Diagnostics

• Tap F12 key repeatedly during system startup (at the Dell logo screen) until the BIOS Boot Menu appears on the screen.
  • On the Boot Menu screen, select the Diagnostics option, and then press Enter.

4 Posts

January 25th, 2019 01:00

I solved this problem. I am using an adapter for 5 usd. I connected the speakers to the front slot. Now everything is perfect.

dell-audio.jpg

March 21st, 2019 03:00

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with my DELL VOSTRO 3470 SFF (C1KNT), it's working fine with the headphone output on the front, but with the line out port on behind, there are some bad sound noise (electronic noise). Can a real Dell technical expert make a test on this DELL VOSTRO 3470 SFF (C1KNT) ? And after come to answer us ? Because it seems to be a very serious hardware problem ! Thanks in advance

9 Posts

September 17th, 2019 06:00

This reply is months after the last post but, hey, here goes. I'm in the same boat as everyone here. Line-out port sounds like, the "universal audio" port on the front is perfect. Logic suggests, then, that this is not a software problem but hardware. I've done everything from updates/rollbacks of drivers and bios to disabling and experimenting to finally a factory image reset. Still the ungodly annoyance continues! This computer is brand new. A "tech" seems to think the ports in the back are, thus the whole motherboard needs to be replaced. Good times! May just go with an external soundcard off the back of the rig or snake the speakers to the front. Even though this computer is under warranty, it just seems like a nuclear option and missed time/frustration to have it gutted. Then again, I suppose it can be "fixed," if this is indeed the problem.

May 9th, 2021 04:00

Hello sir,

You are saying that "The front jack is for a Microphone". But in this Model , microfone is still not working, only speaker is working. i think you are proving wrong information.

No Events found!