Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

3 Posts

October 18th, 2018 18:00

Vostro 3900 MT, won't boot?

I was playing game and my game get crashed cant do anything so i force it shutdown by turn off the ac power and now my pc wont boot any more . Only blinking orange light , all fans still working and already replaced new psu still doest word

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 20th, 2018 05:00

The blinking light does indicate a problem with the PSU. If you have already installed a new PSU, have you confirmed that all the cable are securely attached? If everything looks fine that way, then it is probable that the motherboard is bad. The orange light means the PSU is receiving power but cannot distribute it.

One last thing to try. Unplug the PSU and the connectors to your hard drives, DVD drives, etc. Then remove the CMOS battery. Wait for about 5 minutes. Now press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Reconnect everything and try powering up again. If you still have the same symptoms, it is probably the motherboard.

November 25th, 2018 22:00

Thx u so much for replied . I have been waiting so long for some one to replies . Yesterday I was using my pc and it  starting crash again with the same problem , Kinda can't afford new mobo now , used to be good for a month now starting again . Is there any way to test if my mobo failure ? 

November 26th, 2018 23:00

My PC just worked again .I don't think its mainboard issue ,I did several things like :

- Reset cmos jumper ( but doesnt work)

- Clean ram , cpu ,vga , etc

This actually work im using this method if my pc crash again

-replace old psu ( doesnt work also,still blinking orange light)

- Remove cmos battery

- Put back current psu turn off and turn on again its worked 

One other is thing that my cpu overheat like 64 celcius (dell diagnostics bootc ) is this caused my pc to crash or PSU ?

No Events found!