Highlighted
clintonsnow
1 Nickel

What is Drivers installation sequence for Vostro 420 Tower?

I need an advice about what sequence to use to install the drivers windows 7 32 bits for my Vostro 420 tower.

I mean I format the hard drive and I've reinstall windows 7 32 bits what should install first, next and last drivers?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fireberd
6 Indium

Re: What is Drivers installation sequence for Vostro 420 Tower?

The install sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Intel motherboard chipset drivers (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP) (3) install device drivers such as video, sound, etc.  Its not critical which driver is installed first, except for the noted motherboard chipset drivers.  One of the things the chipset drivers do is identify all the devices on the motherboard and if not installed some devices will not be recognized or able to install.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
clintonsnow
1 Nickel

Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

@fireberdwrote:

The install sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Intel motherboard chipset drivers (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP)

It's refreshing to see other recommending this.

However, with Windows-10, it's hardly an issue any more. Not sure if Intel and Microsoft are working together closer now-days (to get Intel WHQL drivers into Windows-Update faster) or that its just that Windows-10 has pretty-much taken-over the installation of working base motherboard drivers.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos