After Windows 1803 update, microphone stop working - No Realtek driver is working

Hi, I'm using a Vostro 5470 and after Windows 1803 update, microphone stop working.

I have audio (and if I boot on Linux, the microphone is also working, showing it is a driver issue). Skype, Slack and Zoom worked until last week and now the mic does not.

I've tested 3 Realtek High Definition Audio drivers: 6.0.1.7509 (the last available at Dell drivers page) and the last two we can get in internet up to 6.0.1.8372 of February 8th, 2018).

If I use a headset, I can listen but mic is not working either.

What can I do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: After Windows 1803 update, microphone stop working - No Realtek driver is working

Wow, this one was really fast. I've found the solution:

Microphone not detected anymore? Sound settings or features not working? Check Settings > Privacy Microphone and test if "Let apps use my microphone" resolves the issue.

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/05/01/all-the-issues-of-windows-10-version-1803-you-may-run-into/

0 Kudos
FactStrong
1 Copper

Re: After Windows 1803 update, microphone stop working - No Realtek driver is working

Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Deice Manager

A list should pop up

Right Click > "Audio input and outputs" > "Scab for changes"

If that does not work update driver by right clicking and selecting

OPTION 2

Right Click on the "Volume Speaker Icon" on the taskbar

Select>"Troubleshoot sound problems"

OR

Select the applicable item and look through its properties to see what you may or may not need to check/uncheck.Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
marubeniITEC
1 Copper

My headphones / external speaker wern't recognised. In device manger I just uninstalled all the audio related drivers and checking the 'uninstall software' box as well. I just restarted and fixes it. Don't bother with that WAVE **bleep**e software. 

0 Kudos