So i want to upgrade my bios to 1.9.0 from 1.6.1 but it doesnt work, when i double click it nothings happen and when i tried from bootable usb it got this message error,can someone help? i cant play games bcs the framerate keeps dropping. "Firmware Update Failed. Rebooting your system"
Hi Daffa Rivaldi,
Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.
Here is information from the Dell Driver page you may find helpful:
Updating the BIOS from the BIOS Boot Menu (independent of operating system)
1. Copy the downloaded file to a USB drive. The USB drive does not need to be bootable device.
2. Insert the USB drive into any USB port.
3. Power on the system.
4. At the DELL logo screen, press F12 to access the one-time boot menu.
5. Select BIOS Flash Update in the Other Options section.
6. Click the ... button to browse the USB drive to locate the downloaded file.
7. Select the file and click Ok.
8. Verify the existing system BIOS information and the BIOS update information.
9. Click Begin Flash Update.
10. Review the Warning message and click Yes to proceed with the update.
The system restarts and displays a Flash Progress bar at the Dell logo screen. The system restarts again when the Flash update is complete.
If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.
If there is no warranty or this is a software issue, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request.
Same here on a Dell G5 5587.
It fails under Dell "Support Assist" ........Failed.
Then when trying to use Bios to flash. "Failed and rebooting."
I managed to get Dell on line.
He tried all kind of methods to get version 1.8 and 1.9 installed. He did not succeed. Failed every time.
Now a Dell engineer is being send out to exchange MB.
It did not work, still doing as with previous MB.
Dell is escalating to next level of support. Dell will contact me in 24hrs turn around time.